Basic tour info

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  cgrasmussen 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Jimm
    Keymaster

A bit of a departure from my regular tours, with a side trip/stop at Heidelberg Castle, before turning back towards Mannheim, following the Rhein to Dusseldorf, then Oldenburg, crossing two rivers by ferry, ferry at Puttgarden/Rødby, Vordinborg, and finally Copenhagen.

Arrive Friday night, 24.April.2015, then enjoy the SPEZI expo over the weekend, and heading to Copenhagen Monday morning the 27th. Friday rough camping at the river near the Spezi, Monday near Heidelberg Castle, then various points along the Rhein. Should have a place in Oldenburg at a friend’s workshop, if not, lots of camping near there. Last camping spot near Vordingborg, DK before the last push to Copenhagen.

Rough map of projected route: http://www.gpsies.com/map.do?fileId=xzjcdqwnhiexqakr roughly 1,150 km

Note: details and route subject to change – possibly during the tour itself – depending on desires/needs of the riders.

• my ride: 2011 Steintrike Nomad Sport with Leitra Wildcat velomobile fairing.
    • my other ride: 2004 Anthrotech Trike converted to a 4-wheeled cycletaxi

cgrasmussen

The route suggested by Jimm looks fine. It is almost the same route, as we used in 2011 for our velomobile tour to SPEZI
    Now, when the City Night Train Copenhagen – Basel is no more available (it stopped Nov. 2nd this year), we have to ride all the way Copenhagen – Germersheim by velomobile. The last three years we were able to take the bike or velomobile on the night train to Frankfurt or Mannheim, and then cycle the rest of the way to Germersheim. It could be done in 1 -2 days.
    Now we will need much more time. In 2011 it took us 2 weeks to ride Copenhagenb- Germersheim -Copenhagen.
    C G

cgrasmussen

Marco Gercke (Eckernförde) suggests a route to Germersheim along the rivers Ems and Rhein, and for the return an easterly route via Fulda and along the river Weser to Hannover.
    Since we start from, and return to, different locations, we may just define some meeting points/times, where we can join the Euro Tour. This is the way we organized Euro Tour 2014, Oslo -Berlin and also the velomobile tour to Germersheim in 2011.
    C G

Thomas
    Participant

Hallo everybody,
    I’d like to join the tour from Koeln to Germersheim.
    When you overnight the 22nd April at Camping Berger in Koeln, as C.G. suggested, we can meet us.
    Thomas

Jimm
    Keymaster

Welcome Thomas! I don’t know how many people will be stopping at Camping Berger in Koeln, but I guess you will not be alone that night.

• my ride: 2011 Steintrike Nomad Sport with Leitra Wildcat velomobile fairing.
    • my other ride: 2004 Anthrotech Trike converted to a 4-wheeled cycletaxi

cgrasmussen

Hello everybody
    It turns out, that I must organize a trandport of bulky tools from Germersheim to Copenhagen. This is not possible on a bicycle trailer after a Leitra velomobile. Therefore, I must use a car for the transport.
    Kuba (working as trainee in the Leitra Company) will drive the car(my drivers licence was stolen more than 25 years ago, and I never tried to get a new one).
    Marco Gercke will ride his Leitra all the way from Eckernförde to Germersheim.
    I will meet Marco and Jürgen Eick in Lorsch on Friday afternoon, and we will ride together to Germersheim.
    C G

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.