Spammer attacks and new registration changes

Home Forums Website-related information Spammer attacks and new registration changes

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Jimm 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Jimm
    Keymaster

Looking at my administrator’s view of the website, I see “Stop Spammers has prevented 1382 spammers from registering or leaving comments.” This is in addition to the 400+ fake accounts I have manually deleted since the start of this website.

To hopefully slow down even more spam accounts, I’ve added a section to the website registration page that includes a game that must be played by a real person – either by dragging an image or turning a picture. This technique has had wide success in other websites, so we shall give it a try here. So instead of my spending my evenings deleting fake accounts and spam posts, I can get back to training for the tour!

If you know of someone who wants to join the site, just let them know about the new additional security. If the have problems they can contact me at recumbent.adventure@gmail.com.

• my ride: 2011 Steintrike Nomad Sport with Leitra Wildcat velomobile fairing.
    • my other ride: 2004 Anthrotech Trike converted to a 4-wheeled cycletaxi
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.